Our General English courses are designed to help you communicate accurately and fluently, and you can start any Monday of the year.
Morning classes focus on grammar and vocabulary input using internationally-recognised course books such as New Headway and Cutting Edge. The first class every afternoon is topic-based and helps to improve your communication skills. The final hour of the day is dedicated to speaking, focusing on improving pronunciation, accuracy and fluency. We also run a number of Friday options aimed at supporting students who are looking for work such as CV writing workshops. Please see our Study and Work page for details.
Levels: beginner to advanced (levels 1-8)
Start Dates: any Monday
Course Length: 2 weeks+
Class Size: maximum 16, average 12
Entry Requirements: no minimum requirements – entrance test on arrival.
- Super Intensive: 23 hours a week in class
- Intensive: 20 hours a week in class
- Part-Time: 15 hours per week in class
- Super Intensive plus Individual: 23 hours of group lessons and 2 or 7 hours of individual lessons
Class Times and Focus:
- 9.00 – 12.15: Focus on language: grammar and vocabulary (course book based)
- 13.15 – 14.30: Focus on skills: reading, writing, listening, speaking (topic based)
- 14.45 – 15.30: Focus on speaking, conversation and pronunciation (topic based)